What personal information do we collect about you ?
- your Instagram username;
- your name;
- addresses, email addresses and phone number(s);
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with and from SquareShare;
- your preferences about receiving communications from SquareShare;
- information about your use of SquareShare, and your browsing activities;
How do we use your personal information ?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
- to provide SquareShare to you;
- to tailor aspects of your experience of SquareShare;
- to create personalised Products and Services selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your app activity, with you, and to verify your identity;
- to provide you with customer support and operational information;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification);
- for customer satisfaction and other market research purposes; and
- in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- SquareShare, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by SquareShare about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
To make full use of our Site and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device will need to be set up to accept cookies. The Site (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
If you disable cookies, our Site may not operate properly.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each User’s responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses SquareShare through his/her Account;
- to log off or exit from your SquareShare Account when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this policy